- 450 practice hours, or 900 if renewing as both a nurse and midwife
- 35 hours of CPD including 20 hours of participatory learning
- Five pieces of practice-related feedback
- Five written reflective accounts
- Reflective discussion
- Health and character declaration
- Professional indemnity arrangement
Revalidation will provide benefits for you as a nurse, midwife or nursing associate as well as the people you care for. It will help to encourage a culture of sharing, reflection and improvement and will be an ongoing process throughout your career.
It is important to know that revalidation is not about making an assessment of your fitness to practise; it is about promoting good practice across the whole population of nurses, midwives and nursing associates, as well as strengthening public confidence in the nursing and midwifery professions.